By Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Photo by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Another one for the kids, this is really easy and keeps the kids busy. Try not to let them eat most of the chocolate before they finish the actual recipe!
Easter milk chocolate bark
- 250g milk chocolate
- 80g white chocolate
- 3 Crème Eggs, unwrapped and halved
- 2 Caramel Eggs, unwrapped and halved
- 1 Flake
- Handful Smarties
- Melt the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir well until everything is melted and the chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a piece of baking paper on a large, clean, chopping board.
- Melt the white chocolate in a clean bowl in the same way as you did the milk chocolate.
- Pour in blobs over the milk chocolate and, with a toothpick, swirl the white chocolate into the milk chocolate.
- Push the halved eggs into the melted chocolate, some open-side up and some open-side down.
- Break up the flake over the melted chocolate, allowing bits to fall over the melted chocolate. Place the bits of flake on the melted chocolate and push down.
- Add the Smarties.
- Allow the chocolate to harden in the fridge for a couple of hours.