Recipe by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Photo by Ray Attard
Rosé has a reputation for being a poolside favourite. Make this even more elegant by adding lavender syrup and freezing into a delicious slushie. You’ll find the boys are quite happy to sip on these girly cocktails!
Frosé and lavender slushie
- 1 bottle rosé
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp dried lavender
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Sprigs lavender
- To make the lavender syrup place the water sugar and lavender in a saucepan and bring to the boil until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 30 mins.
- Pass through a sieve to remove the bits of lavender and place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- To make the slushies, pour the wine into ice cube trays and freeze for at least 2 hours until firm.
- Place the frozen wine, the ice cubes and 4 tbsp of the lavender syrup into a blender and blend.
- Pour into chilled flutes and garnish with lavender sprigs.