By Michael Diacono
By Rachel Zammit Cutajar
This simple salad is great for the warmer weather that’s just hit. A light lunch, or an interesting side to go with your rooftop barbecues.
Orange and bufala salad with fried capers
- 2 oranges
- 2 balls mozzarella di bufala
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Oil for frying
- Fresh herbs (mint or basil or parsley or a combination)
- Peel and cut the oranges into segments and place onto a serving plate.
- Cut the cheese into large slices and arrange over the orange.
- Dress with extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Scatter the sliced shallot over the salad.
- Heat a little vegetable oil and deep-fry the capers for a minute or two till puffed and crisp.
- Remove and dry on kitchen roll.
- Add chopped herbs and decorate with the fried capers.
For more of Michael’s recipes check out his Facebook page Stayhome recipes