Recipe by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Photo by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Summer meals need to be light but tasty. This soba noodle salad is really easy to prepare yet does not sacrifice on flavour. Make sure you get fresh miso paste available at Asian specialist stores.
SOBA NOODLE SALAD WITH LEMON MISO VINAIGRETTE
- ½ small red lettuce, leaves separated
- Approx. 24 basil leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced, lengthwise
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ red chilli, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 225g soba noodles
Lemon, miso vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ lemons, juice only
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1-inch piece ginger, finely grated
- Salt and pepper
- Start by making the vinaigrette by placing all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisking until the mixture emulsifies. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the red lettuce leaves with the basil, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and chilli.
- Boil the noodles in salted water until al dente, approx. 3 mins.
- Drain the noodles and place into serving plates.
- Top with the veggie mixture.
- Drizzle with miso dressing and top with toasted sesame seeds.
1 thought on “Soba noodle salad with lemon miso vinaigrette”
Magnificent web site. Lots of helpful information here.
I’m sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious.
And certainly, thank you on your effort!
my web page: Royal CBD