Recipe by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Photo by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
We tend to only use cranberries around Christmas time giving the tart, red berries a truly festive flair. Cover them in sugar and you get that little bit of sparkle that will take us islanders as close as we’ll ever get to frosty berries.
- 340g fresh cranberries
- 400g sugar
- ½ cup water
- Add 100g (½ cup) of the sugar to a saucepan with the water.
- Heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cranberries and mix well so that all the cranberries are coated.
- Spoon onto a wire rack and allow to dry for at least one hour.
- Working in batches, roll the cranberries in the remaining sugar and allow to dry completely – for at least one hour.