Recipe by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Photo by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Are you looking for a lighter dessert? Sweet, salty and brightly coloured, this citrus salad with bright red pomegranate seeds ticks all the boxes. Citrus is incredible at this time of year. Make the most of Maltese oranges, mix them with whatever other citrus you like and jazz it up with pomegranate seeds. A tiny bit of orange blossom water makes it so much more than just a boring old fruit salad. Healthy, delicious, nutritious and in season.
Citrus and pomegranate salad
- 1 red grapefruit
- 1 white grapefruit
- 1 navel orange
- 1 Clementine
- 1 lime
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- Few sprigs mint
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- Wash the red grapefruit and slice thinly.
- Segment the white grapefruit removing the peel, pith and fine skin.
- Peel the navel orange and remove the pith and slice into rounds.
- Peel the Clementine and remove the pith and slice into rounds.
- Slice the lime into wedges.
- Arrange on a plate and top with the seeds of a pomegranate.
- Squeeze the juice of remaining bits of citrus fruit, add the orange blossom water and pour over the oranges.
- Top with some mint leaves and sprinkle with salt.