Recipe by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Photo by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Dessert doesn’t always have to be a lavish affair. The right combination of fruit with a little bit of a kick makes the end of your meal sweet enough to enjoy without breaking the calorie bank. Pineapples and thinly sliced oranges are sprinkled with a little bit of demerara sugar and chilli powder and soaked in lime juice for the perfect end to a meal.
Pineapple and lime carpaccio with pomegranate
- 1 pineapple, peeled
- ½ navel orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, ½ cut into wedges, ½ juice only
- ½ pomegranate, seeds only
- Handful mint
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Slice the pineapple into thin rounds and place on a large plate.
- Slice the orange into thin rounds and place on top.
- Arrange the lime wedges on the plate.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the top.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, salt and chilli powder and sprinkle over the top.
- Add some mint leaves for garnish and serve.