Recipe by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Photo by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
It’s so hot out there getting outside seems totally unnecessary. Stay at home and make your own ice creams to save you from this intense heat. The kids will love to get stuck in on this one, just be sure to have extra ingredients as some of the Oreos and more than a little of the Nutella will go missing while you’re preparing them!
Makes 5 ice lollies
Nutella and Orea ice lollies
- 5 tbsp Nutella
- 8 Oreos
- 480ml (2 tubs) fresh cream
- 240ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place half a tablespoon of Nutella into the bottom of a 5 plastic cups.
- Crush the Oreos and place 1/2 tbsp Oreos over the Nutella.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the fresh cream with the condensed milk and vanilla extract for 2-3 mins until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add to the cups with the Nutella and Oreos and freeze for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Place the remaining Nutella on the top and top with remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Insert a stick into the popsicle and freeze until set (approx. 3 more hours).
- To remove from the mould place in warm water for 5 seconds and slide out of the plastic cup.
- Serve immediately.
WARNING: We can’t promise there won’t be fights over the last ice lolly