Recipe by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Photo by Rachel Zammit Cutajar
Chocolate covered strawberries find themselves in vogue more on Valentine’s day than at Halloween, however with a little bit of creativity they can be transformed into spooky treats.
Strawberry and white chocolate ghosts
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 150g white chocolate
- Large chocolate chips
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl placed over a small saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Prepare a board covered with wax paper (baking paper will do in a pinch).
- Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate and using a teaspoon, transfer the chocolate covered strawberry onto the wax paper, taking a little extra chocolate to make the tail.
- Before the chocolate sets, place two chocolate chips on the strawberry for the ghost’s eyes.
- Remove the pointy bit of a third chocolate chip and place it on the strawberry for the ghost’s mouth.
- Allow the chocolate to harden completely.