By Rachel Zammit Cutajar
There is nothing quite as good as a classic. This tomato sauce is enhanced with fried aubergines to create this Sicilian classic and topped with ricotta salata.
Paccheri alla Norma
- 250g paccheri rigatoni
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (kunserva)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Handful basil
- Ricotta salata
- Boil the paccheri in salted water until al dente.
- Gently fry the garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, kunserva, salt pepper and sugar and allow to simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, adding water if the sauce becomes too dry.
- Add the paccheri to the pan, remove from the heat and add the basil.
- Serve topped with ricotta salata.