By Sara Borg
Photo by Sara Borg
Lentils need to be soaked overnight and then cooked. However using tinned lentils is an easy cheat that makes this salad an easy go-to for mid-week dinners or light lunches
Warm lentil and roasted cauliflower salad
- 1 tin of cooked brown lentils, rinsed and drained well
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- ½ cauliflower, florets torn apart
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 handfuls of rucola
- ½ block feta or goats cheese
- ¾ cup mixed seeds & nuts – I used pumpkin, sunflower and pine nuts
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pink salt
- Crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
1. Preheat the oven to 200C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Place the cherry tomatoes on one of the trays, drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper and scatter the garlic over the top.
3. Place the cauliflower on the other tray, rub with the spices, olive oil and season.
4. Place both trays in the oven and bake for 20-25mins or until the cauliflower has slightly browned.
5. Heat a small pan and toast the seeds.
6. Now assemble the salad by adding the spinach and rucola to the base of a large salad bowl, add the lentils, cooked tomatoes & cauliflower.
7.Drizzle over the tahini dressing, crumble the feta over the top and scatter the seeds. 8.Serve warm or cold.